Twitter personalities

 I read the article about the MSU library making an effort to build a "library community" through their Twitter account and I could relate. 

I never used Twitter before this class, and even now, I have very few follower - thanks to those from class who follow me :-). After reading the article, I decided that my Twitter "personality" is most likely lack-luster at best. lol. I mean, I don't tweet often and when I do it's all about my blog, which is OK, but I'm not winning any awards over here. 

MSU worked hard to create their library community, and it worked! People interacted as soon as the account became more personal and showed a small amount of personality. When I think about it, I tend to interact more with business pages when I see more of a personality in their posts, like posing a question, for example. I am trying to do this for my side gig. I am the social media person for an association, and I have just started, but I have increased page interactions tremendously, simply by interacting and showing some "personality". 

Comments