Breathe

 I dd it! I stayed away from social media for about 48 hours. To my benefit, I was driving to South Florida one day, but I was able to avoid it upon my arrival as well. It worked out nicely because I drove down on my birthday and spent the 48 hours truly enjoying "my" day and the day after....well - actually, my birthday concludes today, with a grand fireworks display - perhaps you're familiar? 🎆🎉🥳🤣 

On to my experience. It was beautiful. I enjoyed every moment. AND I enjoyed catching up on my Snap Chats afterwards the most. It was like reliving the last couple days through my friend's eyes. What I found to be surprising is that although I was making a conscious effort to avoid looking at socials, that was the extent of my "discomfort" - for lack of a better word. I had to remind myself to not hit that icon on my phone - that's it. No FOMO at all! Yay!

Things I did instead:
I read you all a book before I hit the road - Check it out!
Drove to Port St. Lucie
Kicked off my vacation/birthday with some dirty martinis 
Spent the morning in the pool
Took a nap
Went to a jam band show at the venue Terra Fermata - not my fave genre, but #livemusic, amiright?
Went shopping at the Market on Main and bought treats for the hubs and friends back home
Bought myself a new ring for my birthday from April Daze Boutique - LOVE this little shop of goodies!
Had an amazing lunch at Colab Kitchen
More pool time
Went to bed at, like, 8 p.m. - it was glorious

I can say, this detox came at the perfect time for me! I hope you all enjoyed your time away from the internets as much as I did - in fact, I am sharing this post, and then I am going to enjoy the holiday. 

I'm leaving you with a song, one of my faves, the one I played A LOT during quarantine times of 2020 and thought of often during my detox.  

 

Comments

  1. Having a lunch at Colab Kitchen sounds like a true treat, really! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday @TheWeave!!!!! Glad you had great enjoyment and much presence in your birthday celebrations!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment