Twitter Chat Fail

 I was curious about Twitter chat.

1 – I had never heard of it.

2 – I had no idea how it works.

I started with looking at the “World’s Largest Twitter Chat List”. I noticed immediately that chats take place a certain time, and not randomly. That was good information, I mean I need to be free at 8p.m. Tuesday – got it. I am choosing to do #5thchat – a chat dedicated to 5th grade teachers (perfect, right?). The chat is hosted by @FlyontheCWall.

Next, HOW do I participate. Do I just post a question and hash tag it? Should I expect a response? I headed to Google to see just how to proceed. I ended up at sproutsocial.com where I found a detailed article about participating in AND creating Twitter chats. I feel prepared this morning……. I shall continue writing after I participate tonight.

Well, this is awkward. I went to the creator of the chat and it’s like crickets over here……nothing. Then I searched the tag. In fact, it looks like the only posts to #5thchat are from people who tag #1stchat, #2ndchat, #3rdchat, and so on…….guess I need to find another twitter chat to participate in. More to come. 

Chen, J. (2022, April 13). Twitter chats: How to successfully host & participate in them. Sprout Social. Retrieved June 14, 2022, from https://sproutsocial.com/insights/twitter-chats/

Comments

  1. Hi. I guess one of the biggest chat for education might be #edchat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see theirs is Tuesday and Thursdays at 7p.m. I will try next week for sure, since most of the others had also passed by now. My twitter chat experience will have to roll into next week, I guess. lol

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your experience so far - I have yet to check out the Twitter chat aspect, so I will definitely be looking forward to the continuation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am shooting for Thursday's #edchat chat. I'll report back and tweet so you don't miss it! lol

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's no longer active? I googled and this is what it looked like when active: https://archive.participate.com/transcripts/0fea3bc3-3d8a-4560-a6b1-0ba25a4c6fd0.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yikes, no action since 2016 lol. Well, I am not giving up. Trying for #edchat this Tuesday.

      Delete
  4. I wonder how your second try went? It sounds kinda confusing. Or just more work then I'd want to put in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment