Tweeting in today's classroom

 I really enjoyed getting to wake up each morning and Tweet my opinion. It was something I could easily do while I was having my morning coffee. I also enjoyed seeing everyone else who participated in this challenge! I have new people to follow and I have been highly entertained. 

So I thought about it..how could I use this in my classroom? I mean, I do teach 5th, so those kids are a little young to interact with me on Twitter - however, I could Tweet, and then imbed my tweet into a blog, or even my Canvas page. In fact I could embed it into my Canvas as a discussion board post and then my students could actually interact like we do. Wow - what a great idea. Also, after running the Facebook page for NUCA of South Florida the last several days I really like the idea of creating a class Twitter that parents can follow to interact with us at school and participate in discussions. I definitely see this going somewhere...

Also, I successfully imbedded my tweets from this week! See below!


 

Comments

  1. I'm so excited to see that you're really getting into social media mindset!!! Thanks for sharing all these with us, really! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using your tweets embedded into a blog or directly onto the Canvas page so that students could interact with the tweet and get a feel for social media! I also think it is a great idea to have a class Twitter page that parents could follow to receive updates on what their children are working on and learning. Excellent ideas for using social media in education!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment