#sumitupsunday
I’ve said it multiple times, I really love some of these
challenges. I never post on Instagram. I have mentioned before that before em6414,
I only followed celebrities so I could be nosy. I never approved follow
requests. Now, I am posting a few times a week! My friends IRL have definitely
caught on. Haha. One of them said to me this week “I saw your poll and voted –
I was like Kara is doing an assignment!”. Lol I wonder if I will keep up wit Insta
after eme6414 is over? Hmmmmm……..
My week -
#techmotivationmonday: I recommended Vivino, an app that helps you track and
discover new wines. I found it last year sometime and I like the ability to “save
a wine for later” after I have had it at a gathering or a restaurant.
#techtransformationtuesday: I honestly believe VRBO has changed my life –
travelly speaking, that is. I have stayed at some pretty amazing places, but
the one I keep going back to is Ormond Beach, FL. It is such a quiet beach
town, not like where I am from. We are usually the only ones on the beach there
and I love every minute of it.
#techwisdomwednesday: I shared a tik tok video about transitioning teachers. Specifically,
teachers transitioning to the technology field. I follow a few groups on this
topic and, let’s be honest, it is the entire reason I am in grad school. I want
to be a transitioning teacher success story one day – keep an eye on my Linkedin!
#techresearchthursday: Being Pride month, I wanted to create a graphic that
shares some of the startling numbers around the mental health of our LGBTQ
youth. As an educator, I am sick of people saying “just teach them academics,
it’s your job”. People who say that have NEVER worked in a classroom, or even a
school – or they would know better….seriously. We can’t just act like these
students do not exist. They do, they are in our classrooms and they TRUST us,
sometimes more than their own family.
#findoutfriday: I wasn’t sure what to ask in my poll, so I went with a simple
question. What social media platform do you use the most? I had 9 responses:
33% said Facebook and 67% said Instagram.
#saturdaystories: I successfully melded all of my posts for the week into ONE
story! Yay me!
I am continuing to learn Instagram – but the more I use it,
the more I want to create a class page for my students. I wonder how that would
look, and how I can keep it safe/private?
I think we are all figuring out how much work it is to keep your social media up to date. The upside for me has been finding all of these awesome tools that I can use with my kids next year. I am kind of excited for next school year (but don't tell my teacher friends).
ReplyDeleteI know, right? I am excited t see how I can make this fit into my 5th grade life. At that age, the kids are very aware of social media, and some even have accounts (although, they probably shouldn't). Years ago, one of my students said she had a "Facebook for kids" - I forget what it was called, but she said it was for children and she used it. I'll have to see if I can find it.
DeleteI will have to check out Vivino! Some of the schools I work with have IG accounts for specific classes. Here is one that follows the leadership academy that follows them on their cultural/plant sciences projects: https://www.instagram.com/hoola_khs/?hl=en
ReplyDeleteYes! This is what I am talking about. I would like to start an IG like that. I would probably have to get permission slips signed and what not.
Delete