Old Dog, New Tricks

 So, I am volunteering as the social media poster for my best friend. I am attending and working her annual fishing tournament at the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, FL. My goal was to elevate the social media presence of her association during her keystone event. This year is the 42nd annual fishing tournament. 

Although she was open to me creating a Snap Chat filter, she was hesitant to use her socials to relay information and send reminders. She told me "oh, no one looks at that" or "the people don't use our Facebook page". Being of the Facebook age, as are most of the people here, I beg to differ. I use Facebook for all kinds of things, especially events. When attending an event, I look for updates, schedules or any important information I may need. I feel like, if she engaged more with her Facebook page the members of her association would come to use it more. I have made 3 posts so far and I am working on more. We have some interaction with our views, but not a ton. But I just keep thinking about how much more I could be doing (or she could be doing) year round to help make her Facebook association page more of an active space for her members. I am still working on it......pic of the sunrise this morning here at Ocean Reef. And a Jimmy Buffet song so you can get your vibe right. 😆 If you listen and view at the same time, you can imagine you're here. 



Comments