Good morning!
I know I said I would reflect on my reading here this week, but I have decided to reflect on Twitter instead.
Things do not change; we change. - Henry David Thoreau
So, I have created my Twitter account. For whatever reasons, I did not connect my Twitter to my other social media like Facebook or Instagram. By doing this, I do not have a lot of suggestions from Twitter of what/who to follow. My hopes are that I will be able to learn more about ISLT through my account, but I am stuck at who or what to follow. If I were to follow my friends, I feel like I would interact the same as I do on Facebook. So I ponder the question, "what is something NEW I could do with this Twitter account?". How can I make this Twitter account specific to my grad school journey? At least, I THINK that's what I want to do..... I followed our professor and FSU and now I am lost. Who do my classmates follow? Is it weird or creepy to follow perfect strangers? I am new to Twitter so these are genuine questions.
I welcome any and all suggestions at this time.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Weave, first off... follow me @leelocin305 ! Hehe, well, only if you want. I plan on tweeting about the readings here and there throughout the course. I also attempted to follow anybody related to the FSU ISLT community. I kinda play this network game where I follow Dr. Dennen, who follows Omer, who follows... etc, etc. Now I'm following 44 people who are all connected somehow. I do like your question, though, should we attempt to follow within a specified community? Like, am I making my account specific to the Instructional Design community/industry? Is there a different community I rather dedicate the semester to... ha, perhaps a merge of communities, but definitely including this one!
ReplyDeleteI followed you! I will look at Dr. Dennen and Omar's twitters and follow a few of those folks too. For now, I am keeping my Twitter dedicated to this class/journey. Who knows, maybe I will expand after I get mor comfortable.
Delete