Here goes nothing.....

So, here I am. I started a blog - officially. I am assuming that as I get comfortable, I will be able to engage with you all academically. For now, I am testing the waters and congratulating myself on a successful creation of a blog! 

This reminds me very much of "Live Journal". Some of you may be old enough, or young enough to remember the Live Journal platform from the early 2000's. It was exactly what the title says, a live journal that you could choose to share with a select number of people (or everyone, if you choose). I kept mine private and shared with my real-life friends. I wonder if that is still out there in the innerwebs somewhere.....hmmm. Now that I think about it - Live Journal was my first dabbling into social media, yeah? Interesting. 

Because I am new to this, I'll be using my blog, this week anyways, to reflect on some of the course reading I am doing. Dr. Dennen was right, "Networked" is not a hard read and I am finding myself enjoying it so far.   

Stay tuned! 😅


Comments

  1. Yayyy!!! I'm glad that you've your blog now!

    Networked is one of the most useful and eye opening books out there to have a sense of the networked everyday life and I see that you're already enjoying it.

    Will check back in here! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I am, however........last night I had to go buy one of those full page magnifying glass thingys because I am having trouble with the print. I wear glasses, but, I am finding myself going cross eyed after about 20 minutes of reading. #gettingold #thisis46 #byallmeansnecessary

      Delete
  2. Live journal. Yep. I had a live journal, linked with a group of (online) friends who previously had journaled on weddingchannel.com. We now have a Facebook group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool how you transitioned from Weddingchannel.com to Facebook......wonder what is in the future?

      Delete
  3. Hey Weave, I'm from the LJ years too, remember when we could post songs to accommodate our moods and tone for each entry? I attempted that in my most recent post, nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could do that on this blog - you would all be listening to reggae! LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment