Sunday evening musings......
Why do my Pinterest recipes have to have a dissertation prior to me actually getting the recipe I pinned?
Thank goodness for the "jump to recipe" button, amiright??
From what I can gather, the people creating these blogs that contain my most coveted recipes are "Natives", no? I am surrounded by immigrants and NONE of them would share a recipe this way, so why do some people feel the need to share their deepest life secrets before they give me the recipe for their eggplant lasagna? OK - her story was kind of interesting, but I digress.......
Sharing your whole life online, sharing everything Web 2.0.....is that a generational thing, or is it a personality thing? I've mentioned before that I hang out with a wide age range of people. it's a 50/50 split...we have half of us that are Gen Xers and half that are Millennials. Most of us are on the same page, but the younger Gen Xers and the Millennials seem to enjoy their online interaction much more than us "more seasoned" Xers. We can give or take it, we definitely wouldn't share an interesting story before revealing our recipe.
It leads to the question....are natives and immigrants defined by more than "generations". What makes a native? An immigrant? Is it based on the year you were born, or your desired interaction with the technology around you?
As a fellow home cook and baker, I share your frustration in this! So much so, that if a site doesn't have the "Jump to Recipe" button, I won't use the recipe haha. I have read that it has something to do with how Google generates search results, and having a more unique word count can push a site higher to the list of Google searches. I could be wrong on that though. And to your point, for me, it's all about how someone chooses to interact with the technology in their life!
ReplyDeleteI think I have skipped a few for not having the "jump" button as well. lol
Delete